Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

8/19/2005

Being Episcopal

I have often said that when I took this job, I told the Bishop that I did not think growing the Episcopal Church was worth ten minutes of my time, but that I was willing to give my life to expand the Kingdom of God. It wasn't that I had anything against the Episcopal Church. After all, I had made a conscious choice in favor of the Episcopal Church after college, having grown up in the Church of God denomination. It was and is the home for me within the Body of Christ. But that doesn't mean I feel that our denomination, and the Anglican Communion of which it is a part, has a corner on the God market. God is bigger than any denomination.

click here to find out more about this logo shieldWith all that said, the Episcopal Church does benefit from deep traditions within the Christian faith. One place to find out more is at The Diocese of Texas' Episcopal Primer with it's brief introduction to being an Episcopalian, The Creeds, The Book of Common Prayer, the sacraments, and Scripture, Tradition and Reason. Go to any of the links above and click "previous" or "next" to get to the others without coming back to this page.

Perhaps, like me, you'll find the Episcopal Church to be the denomination where you can best live into your faith in Jesus Christ.

Some other related information in the King of Peace archives is located at:
How we worship
We are the messy, mystical Body of Christ
Ah Church, It's bigger than you and you are not me

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor + King of Peace Episcopal Church

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home