Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

8/07/2005

Lasting Impressions

Loren Hague at King of PeaceThe past month has flown by. I feel like I just arrived in Kingsland and it is already time for me to head back north to begin at Virginia Theological Seminary. A lot of things have made a lasting impression on me this month: preaching multiple times, walking through the preschool and laughing with all of the kids, learning how to wire a cordless microphone for the pulpit.

I have learned so much about working in a mission church in the short time I have been here and I will always cherish those lessons. However, what I will always carry with me from this summer is not the knowledge I gained or the new experiences I’ve had…what will stay ingrained upon me is the spirit of God’s love and grace that is so abundant here. This is a wonderful community and it has been a blessing to see the work that God is doing in and through King of Peace. As I go off to seminary I will keep you all in my thoughts in prayers. Thank you so much for welcoming me and for helping me prepare for VTS. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for King of Peace in the future!

God bless,

Loren

In the archives are intern Loren Hague's sermons His Hands and His Feet and Sharing the Miracle. Her sermon from today will be added this afternoon to www.kingofpeace.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home