Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

5/01/2006

Sacred Space

A thick and shapeless tree-trunk would never believe
that it could become a statue, admired as a miracle of sculpture,
and would never submit itself to the chisel of the sculptor,
who sees by her genius what she can make of it. (St Ignatius)
I ask for the grace to let myself be shaped by my loving Creator.


The above quote is from a portion of today's prayers at Sacred Space, a daily-updated place of scripture and prayer recommended to me this morning by the Rev. Amy McCreath as we were leaving the liturgy conference and headed home. Now safely back home, I offer the web link here in thanksgiving for the sacred space of DaySpring where I have spent the past few days and closer to home, Honey Creek, which is our comparable camp and conference center. Both are also sacred spaces.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor + King of Peace Episcopal Church

1 Comments:

  • At 5/01/2006 8:51 PM, Blogger Cathy said…

    This reminds me very much of the Pray as you go -http://www.pray-as-you-go.org/ - I listen to it on either ITunes or my Ipod while I walk. Takes about 10 minutes!
    (check your link on your posting - I had to change it to get it to connect to http://sacredspace.ie/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home