Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

1/15/2007

Happiness Revisited

Yesterday's sermon was a first in that it started as the blog entry Have a very active left prefontal lobe day. At that point, I knew the blog related to a reading for the coming Sunday, but thought I would preach on the Gospel of Jesus changing water to wine. I came to realize that I could easily preach the water to wine story, but that it sounded more like a history lesson and wasn't what I needed to preach. So, I revisited happiness. The sermon is online here: Discover Yourself. In it, I reference a Spiritual Gifts Survey, which I ran across when serving as a lay pastor at Church of the Spirit while in seminary. That survery is online here: Spiritual Gifts Survey in Adobe PDF format. I also mention Dr. Martin Seligman's similar Signature Strengths Survey which is found at his website: AuthenticHappiness.org. You have to register to take that survey, butit is free.

In the archives is the related, but different sermon How to find peace and happiness.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home