Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

1/02/2008

What Kind of Christian Are You?

This question is one purported to be answered with a 20 question quiz at Belief.net. They looked deep into my soul and declared me to be a "Jerry Falwell Christian" which probably would have been quite a shock to the late Baptist leader. They label Falwell and me both as "historicists" for thinking the things in the Bible happened. I believe the Bible to be the Word of God and to contain all things necessary for salvation and I don't cross my fingers when saying the creeds of the Church. In this, I guess I am more like Jerry Falwell than not. At least that is their take at Belief.net.

The other choices were, a Jesse Ventura Christian (a.k.a. a "Secularist" or non-Christian, a Bishop Spong Christian (a.k.a. "Biblical Revisionist"), a Hillary Rodham Clinton Christian (a.k.a. "Left-Leaning Traditionalist"), and a George Bush Sr. Christian (a.k.a. "Right-Leaning Traditionalist").

You can try the quiz yourself at: What kind of Christian are you?

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1/02/2008 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just call me "Jerry!" :)

    There's a quiz for just about everything at this site.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home