Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

9/04/2008

Prayer after saying hurtful things

God,

I don't know if you'll grant
my wishes.

I'm not on my knees.
I'm doing the dishes.

The dogs are all barking
it's raining hard too.

It's hardly the time
to be talking to you.

I do have a problem.
I really need aid.

I've opened my great big mouth
I'm afraid.

I've said hurtful things
and I've not acted nice.

The big problem is that it's
not happened twice.

I hope you'll forgive me.
I do need your love.

I need your forgiveness
from heaven above.

I'm willing to change,
I feel better already.

Thank you dear God that
your love is so steady.

—Janet Finkelstein

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9/04/2008 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God,

    Janet Finkelstein,
    Our ray of sunshine!

    "Great big mouth" or not,
    We love her a lot!

    Her prayers filled with graces
    Bring smiles to our faces! :)


    I'm no poet
    And I know it!

     
  • At 10/06/2021 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lord
    Can I ask for your blessings on my engagement.The communication is very broken. I'm very vocal he's not. I feel like I'm doing all the work communication wise. I feel myself pulling back more & as the roads blocks keep happening. I have to set the standards in so many aspects in this relationship. What should I do. As a Godly I have to move towards the Lord. Hopefully he comes as well. Right now I feel like the ring was a more of a focal point than our communication ��.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home