Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

6/28/2009

In Sure and Certain Hope


As the 10 a.m. worship service finished the post communion prayer, we processed out to the Memorial Garden to consecrate the ground and to commit to the earth the mortal remains of Marc Dickman and Barbara Morris, both of whom died earlier and their ashes were awaiting the garden. We gave thanks for the gift Marc and Barbara were to us and committed their remains to God, laying them to rest as the first two burials on our grounds (though Marc had been interred under the gazebo until today when his ashes were moved to be buried as others will under a granite marker).






Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 6/29/2009 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This was a very powerful moment. I did not know either of the family members. I felt like I have known them for years. I do know that it made me reflect on the ones I have lost and what a moment of peace. I had tears of both sadness and joy as we all sang I'll Fly Away.
    God Bless and Thank you Father Frank all of the peace you do bring to King of Peace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home