Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

1/15/2006

Faith and love in the face of death

There was an interesting story in The Brunswick News worth reading and the full text of the article is online here.

The article tells of Miranda Kunda, a 7-year old girl with strong faith, who died recently. In Mid-2004 she announced to her family that Jesus had told her she would be dying soon. The following month, Miranda was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. Miranda said, "My prayer is that everybody in the world will have a Bible and know Jesus and not need money."

You can read the rest of the article for yourself and add any comments here at the blog.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/19/2006 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Miranda was my niece. I am so saddened by her death, but I know that God had a plan for her life. Her faith has touched me deeply. I am going to work to be a better Christian and person, and to appreciate every day that I have with my daughters and family. I will try to be more forgiving and loving.

     
  • At 1/25/2006 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Preston, her father, is my brother. Miranda is my niece. She touched the lives of so many. And her smile will be with me always. I pray that after reading the article about her more people will come to know Jesus as their Savior. She had a faith that was so strong. She loved everyone and showed it in her acts of love she gave so freely. I will never forget her or the legacy she has left. If we all had the faith she had the world would be a happier place. Please take the time to read the article. It will touch your life I promise. God Bless you and please remember to pray for her family. We miss her very much and look forward to the day we can all be together in Heaven.
    Jennifer

     
  • At 4/20/2007 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.ncnnews.com/Article.aspx?id=2164 contains the article now.

    Thank you,

    Preston

     

Post a Comment

<< Home