Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

5/23/2006

Touched by a blog

You never know who drops in here and is touched by what she or he reads. While googling to find an old entry here, I found a link to Krystin Hovanes' website with an assignment for her Professional Writing 4760 class at Eastern Illinois University which contained the following reference to this blog:
At the library, I began crying after reading the most recent post on this blog site. The site is called “Irenic Thoughts,” which means peaceful. It is created by the congregation of King of Peace Episcopal Church. I have no idea about their beliefs or religion but I was able to relate to so many of their articles. It didn’t preach about their congregation but encouraged anybody to write on their blog. It also included recent events that were going on at the church for those a part of their chapel. Their articles included everything from religion debates to things happening in the modern news. The article entitled, “A raging mad God?” is the article that made me pursue this site. The photos alone had made me upset. I found this site on April 20 th, and this article had been posted April 20 th. There had already been two comments made and I think it will have a lot of success. The actual format of the site is designed more like an everyday website. It has a multi-tone background of black and beige, and the only ad is from Amazon offering 10% off an King of Peace book. . It has recent posts, to “blogging Episcopalians,” and different links to Georgia Dioceses.
I'm often amazed by the positive connections possible on the Internet, even as I have had to help people work through some of the connections possible through the dark side of cyberspace.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor + King of Peace Episcopal Church

One of the photos from April 20 commented on above

2 Comments:

  • At 5/23/2006 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Neat. My favorite connection was when I member of 5th Ave. Presbyterian googled the controversy at her church and found a sermon I had preached that mentioned it. We became pen pals of sorts. Imagine that, an Episcopal priest in small town Georgia connected to a parishioner who works in the Empire State Building and goes to a very large and influential church discussing theology and church life. The world is flat.

     
  • At 5/23/2006 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when a member of 5th Ave, not "I" member...sorry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home