Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

6/02/2006

I Am Not a Heretic

The following quiz took more thought than most as you decide which statements agree with your understanding of the Christian faith. Your answers are then compared against the work of the Council of Chalcedon in 451, which created a very important formulation of faith found in the historic documents section of our Book of Common Prayer. I think I got a 100% by giving all my answers as either completely agree or completely disagree.

You scored as Chalcedon compliant. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant

100%

Adoptionist

67%

Nestorianism

67%

Apollanarian

33%

Monophysitism

33%

Pelagianism

33%

Arianism

0%

Socinianism

0%

Monarchianism

0%

Docetism

0%

Donatism

0%

Albigensianism

0%

Modalism

0%

Gnosticism

0%

Are you a heretic?
created with QuizFarm.com

My adoptionist tendencies would mean that I leaned toward statements that make it seem like Jesus was a man who was adopted by God to be God's son. I don't believe that, so I guess I didn't read the statements closely enough. As for Nestorianism, the orthodox version is that Jesus was one person who was both fully human and fully divine, while Nestorius taught that there were two persons within the one Christ—one divine, the other human. Frankly, that seems like theological hairsplitting to me, but Nestorius writings were not accepted as orthodox (correct belief) at Chalcedon.

peace,
Frank+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home