Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

9/01/2006

Water, Food and Shelter

Griffin cooks us supper on a hike in Utah in 1999

In today's religion column for the Tribune & Georgian, What are the bare bones essentials of your faith?I look at the essentials of spiritual practice. In part I wrote,
What about your relationship with God provides you with the spiritual nourishment and the protection you have to have? It’s a way of asking what is essential about your life of faith. This is not a question about belief, but practice. For if your spirituality is only a vague agreement to the existence of God or even to Jesus being his son, then there is not a lot of substance to your faith. The way to get the substance is through nourishment.
Consider your own spiritual practices. What gives you nourishment? What is essential? If you want to cheat, you can follow the link above to see what I considered as essential as water, food and shelter.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor + King of Peace Episcopal Church

2 Comments:

  • At 9/01/2006 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For me, I would have to add music to my list. It fills those unconscious spaces in my day, and keeps me from filling my brain with all sorts of other rot. I can use it in prayer to pour out my heart to Him when I don't really have the words to describe my needs.

     
  • At 9/01/2006 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speaking of this topic - this seems to tie in with this post:
    http://intent.squarespace.com/30-days-of-nothing/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home