Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

10/16/2006

While I was out

Sister Elena Thompson at King of Peace

I took some vacation time this Friday through Sunday, so that Victoria, Griffin and I could attend the 25th annual gathering of long distance hikers in Athens, West Virginia. While I was away, Sister Elena Thompson, pastor of St. Thomas Aquinas Episcopal Church in Baxley, Georgia celebrated and preached at King of Peace. From the photo above taken by Kenn Hodge, it looks like I left the congregation in able hands. I'm not sure what our Senior Warden, Mike Gross, is doing with that axe, but I have a funny feeling that a creative sermon was in the works.

Thank you Sister Elena for serving at King of Peace this weekend.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor + King of Peace Episcopal Church

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home