Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

11/09/2006

Jesse Michael Nunn

June 18, 1987-November 4, 2006

This morning at 11 a.m. we will hold a funeral for Jesse Michael Nunn. In the service, we will read from the Book of Lamentations:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. For the Lord will not reject forever. Although he causes grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not willingly afflict or grieve anyone. (Lamentations 3:22-26,31-33)
Into your hands, O merciful Savior, we commend your servant Jesse Nunn. Acknowledge, we humbly beseech you, a sheep of your own fold, a lamb of your own flock, a sinner of your own redeeming. Receive him into the arms of your mercy, into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the glorious company of the saints in light. Amen.

Jesse's eulogy is now online here: Echoes of the Resurrection

11 Comments:

  • At 11/09/2006 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen and Amen.

     
  • At 11/12/2006 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jesse Michael Nunn-You are forever in my heart and will forever be missed. It is however a great comfort to know that you are in Heaven with Jesus, your brother and your grandparents; you have received the ultimate healing. I will see you there someday and we will rejoice.

    All my love,

    Mom

     
  • At 11/13/2006 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jesse,
    I know you and Chris are together and at peace. You both will remain in our hearts as two people we watched grow from little boys to young men. We keep you both close to heart.

    Love,
    Jenny & Mike

     
  • At 11/13/2006 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jesse,

    Just as your picture shows I will always remember your thumbs up and that half grin. Although I didn't know you long you had a piece of my heart the first day I met you. My heart is heavy knowing what I will miss. An angel on earth and now in heaven may you have everlasting peace with your heavenly family.

    Love ,
    Geri

     
  • At 11/13/2006 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jesse,

    I will always remember your smile. Your smile was something that opened a door to your heart. You and Chris are now together in heaven and I know you will both keep a watchful eye over your parents. May you know what an impact you both had on so many lives and I'm sure it will continue in heaven. My love is with you both.

    Love,
    Sherri

    P.S. Give my mom a big hug & kiss and make sure she knows that I miss her terribly.

     
  • At 11/14/2006 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May the Holy Spirit be in the hearts of all those who read this. Thank you for the time we had here with Jesse. We ask for the strength to live our lives knowing that life is precious, and that we matter to others. Help us to learn about life through the death of Chris, Jesse, and...Jesus. While not worth the price, there is undeniable value in their passing. It's up to us to find it. TBTG. -Joe

     
  • At 11/14/2006 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    From the time I met Jesse in 6th grade I don't remember a time when that smile didn't light up the room he walked into. That same smile can be seen on his mom's face when she speaks about him. What a beautiful tribute to Jesse.

     
  • At 11/15/2006 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some video from last week.
    www.katietv.com/Jesse2.wmv

     
  • At 11/15/2006 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jesse - You were like one of my own children and I loved you very much. You helped me to learn a lot of things and really helped to save my life by convincing me to get an insulin pump and holding my hand as I learned to use it for the first time. You had a lot of accomplishments while you were here, but that is the most important to me.

    Love you,
    Staci

     
  • At 5/07/2015 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think I'll ever stop loving you or missing you-Here it is the year 2015 and not one day has gone by that you and Chris weren't remembered, missed, and loved.

    -Mom

     
  • At 6/16/2015 5:16 AM, Blogger Brent said…

    Hey man it is Brent, you neighbor. It has been a long time but I never forgot you. It weird how I can't even remember most people's names but I remember your face perfectly. I just wanted to remember you man, you were a good friend and time in my life. Well, take care man.
    -Brent

     

Post a Comment

<< Home