Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

3/26/2007

The Quietest Place

I'm not good at recalling my dreams. But last night I had one in which God was speaking to me and I still remember it. I was trying to pray and getting distracted, God told me to find the quietest place to pray. And in the frustrating way that dreams can work I tried different places and they were all distracting in various ways. God told me again to find the quietest place. And I felt like, "Duh, it's not where you are in some external sense."

Then I imagined myself descending quite literally into my own heart. There the "lub, dub" of my heart beat slowed as time approached standing still. And within my own heart I found the quietest place to be with God, no matter what is going on around.

The sharp edges of the dream are disappearing as I write this this morning, but I wanted to get it down, and to share it. This is no great prayer breakthrough. It's something like planting the flag in Times Square and claiming it as my own. Lots of folks have discovered this territory before me.

Yet I am thankful for the dream and the knowledge that the God I seek is seeking me in my own heart. And I have a sneaking suspiscion that the same is true for you.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3/26/2007 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! Such dreams are an absolute gift from God.

     
  • At 3/26/2007 10:04 PM, Blogger The Bosom Serpent said…

    Perhaps "Hidden Man Of The Heart" (a seven-CD set Archimandrite Zacharias Zacharou of the Monastery of St. John the Baptist in Essex, England for The 2007 Clergy Brotherhood Retreat, Antiochan Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America) would be appropriate. I can let you borrow it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home