Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

6/04/2007

Greatest Hits?

This morning, my wife and daughter and I are leaving for Europe. We'll spend a few days in Rome, and then we we travel north to stay in an apartment in Todi, Italy in Umbria. From there we'll travel around in day trips. Later, we will travel to Provence in France to do the same from an apartment there. While we are away, the Rev. Linda McCloud will ably take care of King of Peace on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays and other times as needed. If you need to speak with a pastor, you can still call the church and our secretary, Sarena Walker, will put you in touch with Linda. I know our church is in great hands.

We will be away from the Internet, which is perhaps the new definition of vacation. I'm not yet declaring email bankruptcy but my inbox on my return may make me have to rethink that.

However, here at Irenic Thoughts, things will continue to be updated daily. I have set up 21 days of posts shared a couple of years ago that I find meaningful and worthy of a second look. It's a mix of quotes and stories from others that I enjoyed. Then the Saturday posts here will be all new, each one a look at the Gospel reading being used at that Saturday and Sunday worship service at King of Peace. The Rev. Linda McCloud will be pastoring King of Peace in my absence and she'll post the blog entries each morning as she posts hers for Sunrise on the Marsh.

They may or may not be the Greatest Hits of Irenic Thoughts, but I am sure they will be some worthwhile thoughts with which to visit while my family and I are recharging our batteries on vacation.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor

The Logues vacationing in Egypt
The Logues in Egypt in 2004 (with Victoria's Mom at far right)

2 Comments:

  • At 6/04/2007 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you all have a safe and wonderful time.

    BTW, I still owe you a meal...

     
  • At 6/06/2007 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All my best to you on your trip....thanks for the "Greatest Hits". Now that I have learned to "blog", I can catch up while you are gone. Regards & Peace, Carlene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home