Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

3/16/2008

Help me, Guide me, Show me how


My Loving Lord,
it's so hard to love the world sometimes
and to love it the way Jesus did seems impossible.

Help me to be inspired by his love and
guided by his example.
Most of all, I want to accept that I can't do it alone,
and that trying is an arrogance of self-centeredness.
I need you, dear God, to give me support in this journey.

Show me how to unlock my heart
so that I am less selfish.
Let me be less fearful of the pain and darkness
that will be transformed by you into Easter joy.
Amen.


Prayer found at Daily Lent Prayer

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3/25/2008 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go."

    - Abraham Lincoln

     

Post a Comment

<< Home