Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

4/24/2008

The unfolding of Your will

Lord,

Help me to live this day,

Quietly, Easily

To lean Your great strength

Trustfully, Respectfully,

To await the unfolding of Your will,

Patiently, Serenely

To meet others,

Peacefully, Joyously

To face tomorrow,

Confidently, Courageously.

Amen.


—reprinted from Anglican Digest

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 4/24/2008 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And please Lord, BLESS my kids and CHANGE ME!!!!! Amen!!!

    Oh, I should have read this prayer this morning BEFORE I woke them up for school! :)

     
  • At 4/24/2008 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kelly,

    May you be blessed and your mornings peaceful .

     
  • At 4/24/2008 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been praying "Thy will be done" ... waiting for revelation of something big and important he wants me to do, as if I could do anything for him. This prayer helped me to see things from a different perspective ... that perhaps all he wants is for me to just live each day trusting in him. If I do that, all these things will be given to me and I will be quiet, easy, trustful, respectful, patient, serene, peaceful, joyous, confident and courageous.

     
  • At 4/24/2008 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    anonymous,

    ANYONE can do for him, just be still and listen!

    You will know!

    You are inportant!!

    Correct Father Frank??

     
  • At 4/24/2008 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank You, First Anonymous! After I prayed this a few times, my day was peaceful as well as productive!

    But, the day is not over yet, so I came back to the blog so I could read it again! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home