Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

3/26/2009

Self Dedication

Frank's photo of Griffin on the coast of France

Different prayers strike me at different times. The one below on pages 832-833 of the Book of Common Prayer has been significant to me this Lent. I have it taped up in sight as I sit at my computer at home.
Almighty and eternal God, so draw our hearts to you, so guide our minds, so fill our imaginations, so control our wills, that we may be wholly yours, utterly dedicated unto you; and then use us, we pray thee, as you will, and always to your glory and the welfare of your people; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
What prayers stand out for you as the days lengthen toward Easter?

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3/26/2009 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Lord, please get me through another day, and, may I have some sleep tonight?" Amen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home