Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

3/19/2009

Only One King


From the folks at Beliefnet.com Elvis, the quotable king of rock and roll, on his faith:

"I ain't no saint, but I've tried never to do anything
that would hurt my family or offend God...
I figure all any kid needs is hope
and the feeling he or she belongs.
If I could do or say anything
that would give some kid that feeling,
I would believe I had contributed something to the world."

"I believe in the Bible.
I believe that all good things come from God.
I don't believe I'd sing the way I do
if God hadn't wanted me to."

"The Lord can give, and the Lord can take away.
I might be herding sheep next year."

"There's only one king...and that's Jesus Christ."

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3/19/2009 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I ain't no saint, but I've tried never to do anything
    that would hurt my family or offend God...


    Too bad Elvis didn't remember his words as he was pumping himself full fo alcohol and drugs and having affairs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home