Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

4/05/2009

No one nation or group

Those who dare to interpret God's will
must never claim Him as an asset
for one nation or group rather than another.
—Robert Runcie (1921-2000), former Archsbishop of Canterbury

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4/05/2009 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I do apologize if any member of the church finds this posting inappropriate because it is not directly related to the irenic thought. However, my name is Jennifer Jones. I am a member of St. Athanasius Episcopal Church in Brunwick, GA who currently resides in Stone Mountain, GA. Being that today is Palm Sunday I set out to find an instructional on how to make the Palm leaf cross. As I finished reading it I noticed that the church that was providing the information was King of Peace Espicopal Church in Kingsland, GA. I was delighted because I made my cursillo, at Honey Creek, with a young pastor who was just starting this church over a decade ago. Continue to grow and spread the good news!!!!

     
  • At 4/05/2009 2:38 PM, Blogger King of Peace said…

    Jennifer, of course I remember you and am glad you said hello here at the blog. I'm also thankful you found our directions for tying palm crosse. For those who don't know, it is a very popular resource offered alongside other resources for other churches at: kingofpeace.org/resources/

    peace,
    Frank+
    The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor

     

Post a Comment

<< Home