Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

8/03/2009

Wake Me Up

Frank's photo taken while camping in the Ramone Crater in Israel

We need passion in our faith! Instead of praying, 'If I should die before I wake', we should pray, 'Lord wake me up before I die!'
—Tony Campolo

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8/06/2009 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe this is a little off of the point being made but we used to teach our children the Now I lay me down to sleep prayer and it went "if I should die before I wake" One of my children asked why are we praying about dying before I wake up in the morning. I want to be forgiven and wake up tomorrow and try again. So now we pray, " Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, Watch and Guard me through the night, until the early light.
    AMEN

     

Post a Comment

<< Home