Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

11/22/2009

What to Expect in Heaven

Early in his ministry, Billy Graham went to a small town Baptist church to preach a revival. He needed to mail a letter and so asked a boy on the street where he could find the post office. The boy gave him the directions and Graham, wanting to be concerned about the souls of all he met told him, “If you’ll come to the Baptist Church this evening, you can hear me telling everyone how to get to heaven.” Graham loves to tell of the boy’s reply, “I don’t think I’ll be there. You don’t even know your way to the post office.”

If I ever reach heaven I expect to find three wonders there: first, to meet some I had not thought to see there; second, to miss some I had expected to see there; and third, the greatest wonder of all, to find myself there.
—John Newton (1725-1807) author of the hymn "Amazing Grace"

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home