Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

8/29/2005

The lighter side of faith


Belief.net had a contest for the best religious bumper stickers. The winner is pictured above. Also rans were quite varied and included
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?
Come the rapture, can I have your car?
Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

They also offer the Religious light bulb jokes including
Q: How Many Episcopalians does in take to change a light bulb?
A: Eight.
One to call the electrician, and seven to say how much they liked the old one better.

And if neither of the above cause a laugh, there is always belief.net's religious joke of the day. One recent example: One beautiful Sunday morning, a minister announced to his congregation: "My good people, I have here in my hands three sermons... a $100 sermon that lasts five minutes, a $50 sermon that lasts fifteen minutes, and a $10 sermon that lasts a full hour. Now, we'll take the collection and see which one I'll deliver."

One last bad joke for today: A priest, a minister and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "What is this, a joke?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home