Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

2/12/2007

God's Love Toward a Radical Muslim

Robin D. sent along a very engaging link from everystudent.com called God's Love Toward a Radical Muslim in which a man from a wealthy Pakistani family tells of his time as a radical Muslim and how he came to find out about Jesus. The testimony read in part,
I had read about the prophets in the Quran and Hadiths, but Jesus Christ was the only personality that really touched me more than any others. I found out that Christians believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I very much wondered why they believe that. I started searching for Jesus Christ more and more. I had a Christian friend who used to study with me. I asked him one day if I could have his Bible. He was surprised and said "Sorry, you cannot have it." I assured him no one would ever know, "It will remain between me and you."

But my father came to know that I read the Bible and that it was in our home. He was very angry and he knew I have only one Christian friend. So he took me with my uncle to this friend's home and warned them saying, "If you do this again and try to preach Christianity to a Muslim child, you'll have to suffer a lot and you know it. We will complain about it to Islamic Police (Mutawa) and you could be exiled from this country forever." I was a bit worried. I shouldn't have done this to my friend's family.

My father warned me, and so did my uncle, to pray five times a day as I used to pray, and one time in the mosque. I kept going, and many times when there was no one in the mosque I used to cry and ask God to show me, "who is this Jesus and who are you?"
Jesus is not only referred to in the Quran, but that holy book of Islam tells that he was born by virgin birth. Jesus is generally seen in Islam as a great prophet and teacher who did miracles.

The full story of the Muslim's conversion is online here: God's Love Toward a Radical Muslim

2 Comments:

  • At 2/12/2007 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! I read God's Love Toward a Radical Muslim. What a phenomenal journey this man has been on! What a Gift he's been given!

     
  • At 2/12/2007 4:01 PM, Blogger anything but typical said…

    "I am no more than an ordinary man who has been spending life as if knowing nothing."

    Wow! How much better off would we be if we who call ourselves Christians realized that we are also spending their lives as if we knowing nothing and instead of basking our pride at being Christian we would actually seek God?

    Proverbs 9:10 says “ The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home