Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

2/16/2007

Mmm...Crow




Eating crow. I've done it before and here it goes again. An email pointed out an error in today's religion column for the Tribune & Georgian. I wrote in my column,
And don’t start at Genesis with a plan to read the Bible straight through to the end. That usually doesn’t work much farther than Leviticus, the second book of the Bible.
Now I know better than anything that Leviticus is the third book of the Bible. But I first wrote,
That usually doesn’t work much farther than Exodus, the second book of the Bible.
Then I reflected that one could probably get through the first two books before losing steam in the third. But I changed only the book name and not the number. Yikes!

This is not to make an excuse. There is no excuse for my getting a simple fact like this wrong. What makes this more appropriate than not is that I wanted to rework the sermon the column was based on into a format to share in the paper with an ulterior motive in mind. Yes, I wanted to encourage Christians to follow a pattern of daily scripture reading. But I also wanted to let our fellow Christians know that we take the Bible seriously at King of Peace.



So pride once more goeth before the fall. If I wanted to show our love of scripture, perhaps its only fitting that I got humbled in the process.

See y'all Sunday in church when we will once more read four passages of scripture. I'm easy to spot at this point. I'll be the one with egg on my face and my foot in my mouth.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Pastor

2 Comments:

  • At 2/17/2007 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought the paper made the error.(They usually make one or two per issue). Now I know! LOL

     
  • At 2/17/2007 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember Babe Ruth, who had lots of home runs and lots of strikeouts. So far, your batting average is remarkably good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home