Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

9/07/2008

Humility

Humility does not mean thinking less of yourself than of other people, nor does it mean having a low opinion of your own gifts. It means freedom from thinking about yourself at all.
—Archbishop of Canterbury William Temple (1881-1944)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9/08/2008 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoy reading your blog. Please answer me, in brief, this one question: I have yet to see evidence sufficient to compel me to believe that Jesus was or is a god. What is the evidence that compels you to believe that he was a god?

     
  • At 9/08/2008 3:04 PM, Blogger King of Peace said…

    My answer is subjective as it is brief: when I act as if Jesus was and is a God and don't just live as he said to live, but also worship Him and pray in His name, then I see the results in the here and now he promised then. I realize this is not objective proof for the sceptic, but it is my answer in brief.

    A couple of longer answers to this I have written is online here: Faith for the six impossible things before breakfast and Thoroughly Postmodern Paul.

    peace,
    Frank+

     
  • At 9/18/2008 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Frank, thanks for your reply. Why do you say that you "see the results in the here and now he promised then"? What results?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home