Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

2/10/2010

Dangerous and Magnetic

The practice of Christianity, done well, is both dangerous and magnetic.
—Diana Butler-Bass

I supspect that this is true. So the question for myself is what then does it mean to practice Christianity well? If the faith in me is not dangerous, then I (unlike Jesus) am not so clearly against the way things are as to make others nervous. The way things are is, after all, not the Kingdom of God on earth. And if the faith within me is not magnetic, then how will others come to let this same faith change their life? I do not think this is about me, as I can not change anyone's life. I think this is about letting the Holy Spirit flow through me so that the dangerous and magnetic faith that can move mountains shines through.

peace,
Frank+
The Rev. Frank Logue, Not So Dangerous Pastor

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home