Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

8/24/2007

Live the little of the Gospel you have understood

Brother Roger of TaizeWhy did I hesitate, asking for time to look after my own affairs? Once I had pit my hand to the plough, why did I look back? And yet, though I had never seen you, I loved you, perhaps not as I would have liked to, but I did love you. Christ Jesus, you were suggesting to me, “Live the very little of the Gospel that you have understood; proclaim my life among humanity; come and follow me.”

Until one day, returning to the source, I understood. You were asking me to commit myself to the point of no return.
Brother Roger of Taizé (1915-2005)

Note:
Twenty-seven participants have registered for the first of three Journey to Wholeness Retreats that runs from this evening at six through two tomorrow afternoon. We will sing Taizé music at both our evening prayer tonight and our closing Eucharist tomorrow. The retreats are being held at Honey Creek. Information on the upcoming retreats is found here: Journey to Wholeness.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home