Irenic Thoughts

Irenic. The word means peaceful. This web log (or blog) exists to create an ongoing, and hopefully peaceful, series of comments on the life of King of Peace Episcopal Church. This is not a closed community. You are highly encouraged to comment on any post or to send your own posts.

10/06/2009

Prayer in Financial Mess

Thankful that this prayer isn't one I need now, I do see folks all the time, as every pastor does, who do need this prayer...especially this year:
Stand with me God of Wisdom,
in the mess of my finances:
in my fear of taking charge
of the resources entrusted to my care;
in my preference for ignorance
over honest acknowledgment of the ways
I use and fail to use my wealth;
in my anxiety over debt, and in all the pressures of my financial life.
Help me to take one step at a time toward
honoring you through my use of money and
honoring others from whom I buy and borrow.
Make me humble to seek counsel,
grateful for my abundance,
prudent with my limited means,
and patient with myself as I seek to be
a better steward of all you have given me.
—the Rev. Jennifer Phillips, from her book, Simple Prayers for Complicated Lives

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home